If you want to add timeless elegance and measurable value to your house, then your ultimate choice is plantation shutters, the most exclusive of blinds available on the market. Our Melbourne plantation shutters are the perfect combination of function and form, and are as durable as they are visually stunning.
Plantation shutters make a dramatic visual statement, both inside and outside the house, while effectively keeping out sunlight and heat during the day. Superb craftsmanship and the attractive warmth of timber lends an old world charm to your house that is as contemporary as it is classic. After all, Melbourne plantation shutters is a look that never fades in popularity – these blinds are always a talking point with guests and have that wow factor you’ve been looking for. We pride ourselves on supplying the finest plantation shutters Melbourne has to offer.
All our blinds are produced entirely in hand sourced and selected timber with no inferior cores or PVC. All our Melbourne plantation shutters are made from the highest quality A1 grade Basswood timbers in a wide variety of styles, stains and colours.
You’ve seen other plantation shutters Melbourne wide, now browse our range at Blockout Blinds.
Benefits, Features and Options of Plantation Shutters Melbourne
- Plantation shutters are one of the few window furnishings that add value to your home
- Include various options including various louver (blade) sizes, different shutter styles, colours and architraves
- They are versatile and can be made to fit any size window, including odd shapes such as hexagon, arch, circle and bay windows
- Suit all styles of homes, whether classic period or modern contemporary styles
- Low maintenance and easy to clean with a simple wipe with a damp cloth is all that is required
- Can be bi-folding, sliding or fixed
- Blockout Blinds is an industry leader and Australia’s first blind company to offer a 5 way 10 year guarantee for your complete satisfaction and peace of mind
- All Blockout Blinds are custom made to the highest standards
- All Blockout Blinds include a ‘5 Coat Paint System’ that delivers a quality paint finish. For the first coat, a timber sealer is used to protect against moisture, this is then followed by 2 undercoats to protect against UV rays. The shutter is then finished with 2 thick coats of UV and moisture resistant top coats, giving the shutter a smooth, grain less finish
- The Basswood Shutter is very popular and environmentally friendly, other features include:
- Basswood is a renewable hardwood and is not prone to denting, marking or warping (due to its low resin count)
- Durable and resistant to splitting due to its low density
- Light weight and strong, one panel can be over a metre wide
- Can be cut to special shapes
- Custom painted option to match your decor
- Cost effective
- The Basswood Shutter is considered as one of the finest timbers to produce plantation shutters when requiring a beautiful stained finish due to its natural and consistent grain
- We only use the highest quality ‘A’ grade timber
- Blockout Blinds offers a large range of plantation shutters to suit your requirements
- We have the largest range of plantation shutters Melbourne wide
- There are various framing options and louver styles available
- Available with either Rotation tilt rod or Clearview controls
- Timber plantation shutter Louver sizes available:
- 47mm Flat & Elliptical
- 64mm Flat & Elliptical
- 89mm Flat & Elliptical
- 114mm Elliptical