Creating a nicer look for your home does not always require a full renovation. According to professional home decorators, simple additional accents can do great wonders in upgrading your home’s exterior. Setting up potted plants beneath your windows can create an illusion of better landscaping around your home. Another great idea, which also provides much comfort, protective and styling benefits, is installing awnings; Melbourne home decorators claim that every style provides a unique charm. Listed below are some of the really popular styles and ideas for using them in your home.
- Folding arm awnings – These come in different sizes and prints. Most of them are used to cover backyard patios or porches. Many households use them for their outdoor dining areas or pool cabanas. For households that want to extend their living space, folding arm awnings are an easy solution. They’re very durable and can easily be adjusted to provide the suitable amount of shade to any space. They also work great for homes with no built-in garages; by installing it on one side of the house, a shaded parking space can instantly be created.
- Circular entrance awnings – These are often used for walkways leading to the door. Aside from being a cute detail in front of the house, it provides great protection from direct exposure to sun, rain and snow. They can be installed straight from the gate to the front of the door.
- Traditional style awnings – This type is typically used to provide extra shade for windows but bigger versions can also be used to provide enough shade for a porch. Makers make use of nice fabrics to increase their aesthetic contribution to a home’s exterior appearance. Stripes are still very popular and using bright colours is quite the trend especially for homes with kids.
- Dome – This somewhat resembles an umbrella and most are probably more familiar with this style as a lot high end boutiques in Europe go with this design for their narrow display windows. It provides just enough shade for one person and would be nice to install over back doors or kids’ bedroom windows. To elevate their style contribution, makers use different prints and colours that work really well with the quirky shape of this style of awnings.
- Convex – These awnings are slightly similar to the dome style and can be used for exterior window treatments. A lot of “slender” homes have this awning over their front doors. At times, they’re made of fibreglass, while some have them custom-made so impressive wood is used. However, the most popular material is still acrylic fabric.