If you want to add measurable value and timeless elegance to your home, then your ultimate choice should be plantation shutters. The most exclusive of blinds available on the market, our Melbourne plantation shutters are the perfect combination of form and function, boasting durability and style in equal measures.
All our blinds are produced entirely in hand sourced and selected timber with no inferior cores or PVC. All our products are made from the highest quality A1 grade Basswood timbers in a wide variety of styles, stains and colours.
Perfect for indoor use, these make a dramatic visual statement and keep out heat and sunlight during the day. The attractive warmth of timber paired with superb craftsmanship makes for an old world charm to your house that suits contemporary homes as well as classic. After all, Melbourne plantation shutters provide a look that has never faded in popularity and we pride ourselves on supplying the finest Melbourne has to offer.
Durable materials and versatile options combined with sophisticated finishes give our products their unending appeal.
Benefits, Features and Options of Plantation Shutters Melbourne
- Plantation shutters are one of the few window furnishings that add value to your home
- Include various options including various louver (blade) sizes, different shutter styles, colours and architraves
- They are versatile and can be made to fit any size window, including odd shapes such as hexagon, arch, circle and bay windows
- Suit all styles of homes, whether classic period or modern contemporary styles
- Low maintenance and easy to clean with a simple wipe with a damp cloth is all that is required
- Can be bi-folding, sliding or fixed
- Blockout Blinds is an industry leader and Australia’s first blind company to offer a 5 way 10 year guarantee for your complete satisfaction and peace of mind
- All Blockout Blinds are custom made to the highest standards
- All Blockout Blinds include a ‘5 Coat Paint System’ that delivers a quality paint finish. For the first coat, a timber sealer is used to protect against moisture, this is then followed by 2 undercoats to protect against UV rays. The shutter is then finished with 2 thick coats of UV and moisture resistant top coats, giving the shutter a smooth, grain less finish
- The Basswood Shutter is very popular and environmentally friendly, other features include:
- Basswood is a renewable hardwood and is not prone to denting, marking or warping (due to its low resin count)
- Durable and resistant to splitting due to its low density
- Light weight and strong, one panel can be over a metre wide
- Can be cut to special shapes
- Custom painted option to match your decor
- Cost effective
- The Basswood Shutter is considered as one of the finest timbers to produce plantation shutters when requiring a beautiful stained finish due to its natural and consistent grain
- We only use the highest quality ‘A’ grade timber
- Blockout Blinds offers a large range of plantation shutters to suit your requirements
- There are various framing options and louver styles available
- Available with either Rotation tilt rod or Clearview controls
- Timber plantation shutter Louver sizes available:
- 47mm Flat & Elliptical
- 64mm Flat & Elliptical
- 89mm Flat & Elliptical
- 114mm Elliptical